Can't play videos in full screen when my monitor is set as main display

lilj0unior

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
So I have my alienware 15r2 hooked up to a second monitor and I have the setting as extend these displays. and when I set my second monitor as my "Main Display" I am not able to view videos in full screen mode. I have to go back to my laptop display as my main monitor to be able to view them as full screen. When I try to go full screen mode in youtube or netflix when my second monitor is set as my default display, the screen goes grey/black. please help!!!
thanks in advance :)

Solution
Some laptops have issues with hardware acceleration when there is a dual GPU config as in your 15r2. Try disabling Hardware Acceleration on youtube to see if this solves the problem. If yes, then your problem is the iGPU conflicting with the 980m.
One solution is to disable the intel GFX directly. This will prevent the issue, but will increase your power consumption.

Natsukage

Estimable
Oct 28, 2016
Some laptops have issues with hardware acceleration when there is a dual GPU config as in your 15r2. Try disabling Hardware Acceleration on youtube to see if this solves the problem. If yes, then your problem is the iGPU conflicting with the 980m.
One solution is to disable the intel GFX directly. This will prevent the issue, but will increase your power consumption.

Solution