My new PC build doesn't show display

REKTER

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
The fans spin, the processor is working (since it's a little hot) the Video card fan is working and the lights in the mobo are ON, also the CD-drive works, but when i connect it to the Monitor, it doesn't show any signal, help please

Specs:
I5-6500
G Skill 2133 Ram
Seasonic M12II 520 full-modular
MSI geforce gtx 1060 Gaming X
1 Tb WD Caviar blue
MSI H110M Gaming

Solution
Well that depends. Hopefully your GPU is ok. Try resetting BIOS to default values (there should be an f key option), attaching your GPU then restarting. If still, nothing, install OS using the mobo display then try the GPU.

Alternatively you could find the setting for primary display adapter in BIOS and seting it to PEG. That may be the easier of the two to try first.

Preecher

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
You might want to plug your monitor into the DVI or HDMI on your motherboard first. If that works, install your video drivers. If the drivers install and your video card is detected, then switch your monitor cable back to your video card.

If your PC doesnt detect your video card, you might want to re-seat your video card and verify you have the correct power cables plugged into your video card.

REKTER

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
yeah, i've already connect it on both connections (mobo and gpu) using displayport, HDMI, the mobo has a speaker (it sounded when i've unplugged the ram sticks) and still nothing, the monitor stay with the no signal message

Well that depends. Hopefully your GPU is ok. Try resetting BIOS to default values (there should be an f key option), attaching your GPU then restarting. If still, nothing, install OS using the mobo display then try the GPU.

Alternatively you could find the setting for primary display adapter in BIOS and seting it to PEG. That may be the easier of the two to try first.

Solution