Can I get my (canceled RMA)replacement fixed while it's still at the Newegg warehouse?

davidgar026

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
So my RMA with Newegg wasn't able to go through and give me a new replacement because I was missing the serial number on the box. So I will cancel the RMA. I wanted to know if I can get my replacement fixed at the warehouse while its still there since my replacement is under a 1 year warranty. The option the Newegg rep. gave me was that they were going to ship back my (still damaged) replacement and then when it arrives to me. i'd have to contact Newegg again to get information from a third party vendor to have my replacement fixed. This would be a hassle for me and I'd have to wait like a month to get my replacement again since I already waited 2 weeks to get my RMA replaced which did not.

Solution
Hello davidgar026,

Thank you for taking the time to post this.
We were able to locate and review your RMA.

According to our Returns Department, the unit was returned back with the box without the Serial Number.

In addition, we do not preform “Repairs” as our return options are either refund or replacement.

We’d be unable to issue either of these resolutions until the box with the serial number is provided.

If you are able to provide said box, please let us know by emailing us at wecare@newegg.com! If you are unable to, you may want to contact the manufacture for further assistance.

-Mike (Newegg Support)
From my experience with newegg and other sellers, newegg will not repair this for you.

1. (This is a big one) It is not their product. You mentioned it is from a third party. Imagine this, I sell an item on amazon (which i do). Amazon stocks it in their warehouse and ships it for me when someone buys it. It's not working so you mail it back to amazon (still my product, they just haven't sent it back to me). Then you request they repair my product which they have nothing to do with.

2. Newegg doesn't honor, nor has to honor a return once the serial has been removed. That is, unless you purched the quick replacement/repair they offer, which I am assuming you did not. It is in their terms. This is probably the case with the third party seller as well.

You're only recourse is to RMA with the manufacturer at this point. It would be wise in the future to wait on initiating a rebate until you are closer to the deadline to send it in, or the seller's return period has ended. For example you may have 90 days to do the rebate, but only 30 to return to newegg. In this case you would absolutely wait the 30 days before touching the serial to make sure your product works and you don't invalidate the return. Unfortunately this is the standard for this scenario.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hello davidgar026,

Thank you for taking the time to post this.
We were able to locate and review your RMA.

According to our Returns Department, the unit was returned back with the box without the Serial Number.

In addition, we do not preform “Repairs” as our return options are either refund or replacement.

We’d be unable to issue either of these resolutions until the box with the serial number is provided.

If you are able to provide said box, please let us know by emailing us at wecare@newegg.com! If you are unable to, you may want to contact the manufacture for further assistance.

-Mike (Newegg Support)

Solution