Screen Goes Black & Comes Back Like 5 Seconds Later

Quintonimor

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
About once an hour both of my computer screens will go black. However, I can still move and see my cursor. I hear beeps when I left-click with y cursor. There was only one time where the screen didn't come back. Windows temporarily blue-screened saying something about a video problem, but it restarted just fine. Also, when the screen goes black pictures or videos I had been looking at turn green. I have to refresh the page for the pictures to return to normal. Sometimes part of the screen stays black, but I can click on that part and the blackness goes back to whatever I was doing before. My video card is like five or six years old, so that could be relevant.

Here's my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3t9wcc

Solution
Hello, I would start by verifying every connection.
If you are using a VGA cable, try twisting and prying the connection, to see if the color changes or it blacks out.
If you are using a DVI cable or a DVI to HDMI adapter, or straight HDMI, I suggest unplugging then replugging them. Verify if they do not blank out by slightly moving the connector from left to right, up and down.

If your cables are ruled out, then try updating your video drivers if possible. If to no effect, then I suggest borrowing a video card and test for stability. Or try using another monitor.

Hope you find you issue. ^^

Natsukage

Estimable
Oct 28, 2016
Hello, I would start by verifying every connection.
If you are using a VGA cable, try twisting and prying the connection, to see if the color changes or it blacks out.
If you are using a DVI cable or a DVI to HDMI adapter, or straight HDMI, I suggest unplugging then replugging them. Verify if they do not blank out by slightly moving the connector from left to right, up and down.

If your cables are ruled out, then try updating your video drivers if possible. If to no effect, then I suggest borrowing a video card and test for stability. Or try using another monitor.

Hope you find you issue. ^^

Solution