will there be a scaling issue with 1440p and 1080p monitors

Divesh12321

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
hi guys

so im looking at getting a 1440p 34 inch ultrawide monitor for gaming and a 27 inch 1080p monitor to put on the left of the ultrawide for productivity. the thing im worried about is the scaling, for instance if i drag a window from the 1440p monitor to the 1080p monitor, will the window size change due to the different resolutions.

i live in south africa and things are very expensive here which is why i want to go with a 27 inch 1080p as my secondary.( To put it in perspective a 1440p ultrawide here is equal to 1253 dollars )

thanks

Solution
Hello, naturally any window on the 1080p screen will occupy more space relative to the 1440p screen because the resolution of that window doesn't change when it's moving. It'll use the same amount of pixels, and since the 1080p screen has fewer pixels, it takes up a larger percentage of the area. You can resize windows after you move them from one screen to another, though.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Hello, naturally any window on the 1080p screen will occupy more space relative to the 1440p screen because the resolution of that window doesn't change when it's moving. It'll use the same amount of pixels, and since the 1080p screen has fewer pixels, it takes up a larger percentage of the area. You can resize windows after you move them from one screen to another, though.

Solution