Bad TV quality when connected to PC

DanielaChoresh

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Hi, so I just bought a new full HD TV.
Usually, the image quality is really good, but when I connect it to my computer, the quality is really bad.
I connect it through an HDMI cable.

Thanks!
-Daniela

Solution
One thing you can also do, provided you've confirmed everything is running at 1080p resolution, is to run the built-in Windows display calibration tool. TV's, by nature, don't have the pixel density of monitors, so out of the box, they don't look quite as sharp as your computer monitor. While the built-in Windows calibration tool is pretty basic, it should allow you to make some good improvements in a matter of minutes.
SO, you're connecting your TV to a laptop right?
Laptop screen probably has a much lower resolution.
The Laptop is set to DUPLICATE the desktop i'd guess, which is causing it to duplicate the low resolution.

You want to go into your display properties and set windows to EXTEND the desktop. That will allow your monitor to run at its full resolution!

Let me know if any of my assumptions are wrong, you've done this, or it doesn't work!

DanielaChoresh

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

Thank you for answering but I'm connecting it to a PC and the PC screen is 1920x1080

DanielaChoresh

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

They aren't blurry at all, the colors are bad (over saturated) and the quality seems sharp but 480p.
Perhaps it's bad becuase my HDMI cable is too long?

BadBoyGreek

Distinguished
One thing you can also do, provided you've confirmed everything is running at 1080p resolution, is to run the built-in Windows display calibration tool. TV's, by nature, don't have the pixel density of monitors, so out of the box, they don't look quite as sharp as your computer monitor. While the built-in Windows calibration tool is pretty basic, it should allow you to make some good improvements in a matter of minutes.

Solution