Help me troubleshoot USB 3.x port - it does not work after my camera suspends

dremorabanisher

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
I have an Asus H170-pro motherboard with USB3.1 ports, provided by asmedia drivers.

I have a Canon 7D Mark2 camera that I connect on the 3.0 port. The first time I connect the camera, it's recognized normally. However, as soon as it goes off (probably some kind of sleep mode or auto power save), USB/Windows 10 cannot detect it again. Powering the camera off/on, disconnecting and reconnecting the cable does not work. The camera does not show connection either. I cannot use it on that port until I reset the W10.

However, the camera works on another V3.0 port normally, even after suspending. I'd like to try to troubleshoot the first port, but I need your help, where to start and what to check. Is there anything I could "end task" with, or reset the port without having to reboot the system? That would be the first thing to try.

Windows 10 pro, latest drivers, latest updates.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Ok, you have this motherboard: H170-PRO/USB 3.1
Didn´t see it because searched for H170-pro

disable the option of windows, that the usb ports can be deactivated. Search for it in energy managment of windows.

To be sure which ports are affected by this issue, check the color of the ports:
teal blue (green-> Asmedia) or blue (Intel USB) and post the problematic ones.
Ok, you have this motherboard: H170-PRO/USB 3.1
Didn´t see it because searched for H170-pro

disable the option of windows, that the usb ports can be deactivated. Search for it in energy managment of windows.

To be sure which ports are affected by this issue, check the color of the ports:
teal blue (green-> Asmedia) or blue (Intel USB) and post the problematic ones.

Solution

dremorabanisher

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
I have confirmed that my camera is connected on intel usb 3.0 port.

It seems that Power management was not able to reconnect the camera after being suspended on that particular port, so disabling Power management got both Intel v3.0 ports working after the camera came from sleep.

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS