Extremely low performance overnight

Kutomore

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
I have a notebook that was working perfectly up until last nigh, i woke up and the notebook was extremely slow, tried restarting it(which took about 10 minutes), didnt help at all.
If i check the taks manager everything is normal, the cpu doesn't even go above 20%(i used cpu-z to stress it, went to about 80%).
That notebook is the only pc i have, any help would be apreciated

Edit: Discovered that the lag comes in spikes with different durations each, dont know what causes them, but according to CPU-z while lagging my core speed gets cut in half

Kutomore

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
According to windoes defender there are mo treaths on my computer, and i personally dont think it would be malwares, unless it installed itself while i slept...

gussrtk

Honorable
The only other thing I can think of is a bad update from Windows. I have a laptop as well, it's a pretty low end gaming laptop, but it did run my games comfortably on low settings, then after some updates it just became unbeatable, low for, low quality. I ended up doing a window reset. Basically recreate a clean windows install, this is a thing to try. Maybe make another thread asking again about your issue or wait for another response. But my last suggest is to"recreate" or do clean install in Windows

Kutomore

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
The issue is that according to every single cpu analyzer my cpu is capped at 1GHz, i'm currently stress testing the cpu and it's at 62°, both cores are active...

Kutomore

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016

K, i'll run some more virus scans, thanks for the help