AMD A10-7800 3.5 GHZ + Nvidia GTX 1050 ti = ?

Young Ramsay

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016
Hello! I was wondering about purchasing the new Nvidia gtx 1050 ti to install in my PC since it fits in my budget. However, I was worried that my cpu would bottleneck the gpu. Would this happen? I'm looking to play games like, Overwatch, Witcher 3, Dead by Daylight, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and more modern games. If my cpu would bottleneck the gpu can I get any recommendations for a different gpu or a good cpu that wouldn't bottle neck the 1050 ti? Thank you so much!

1Reshiram12

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
If you haven't bought the parts yet, you might consider instead going with an i5-6400 or an i3 and a 1060 3GB, especially for Tomb Raider and witcher on high graphics at 60 fps. The A10-7800 is only really worth it if you plan to not buy a graphics card at all since its main selling point is the decent built in graphics.

Buying A10 CPUs if you plan to upgrade it was totally a mistake. The CPU will marginally bottleneck the GTX 1050 Ti in most of the games you play, if I were you I would sell the Motherboard+CPU and get a Haswell i3 and a fairly cheap board.

You buy a APU for the excellent integrated graphics.
But, there are no real good upgrades, particularly for a gamer.
If you install a superior discrete graphics card, you will have thrown away the big advantage of the APU.
Then, you are left with a relatively weak cpu. Most games depend on only a few fast cores.
The possible upgrades are to more cores, but few games will use more than 2-3 cores so 6+ cores are not very helpful.
Bottom line.....
What you get with a APU is what you will live with forever.

I read your question to ask if a GTX1050ti would be a good upgrade.
I suggest a test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

Young Ramsay

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016
Thank you everyone for your answers. To answer your questions, this is a prebuilt pc that came with the cpu and I plan on putting in parts myself. I will surely keep in mind what you said.

TheMinionDude

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Please let me know if you run into some issues i am thnking of buying the same palit gtx 1050ti but after doing some research people have alot of problems. i have
amd a10 6800k 4.1 or 4.2ghz with
radeon HD 8670D IGPU.
8GB RAM,
240PSU (i know i have to upgrade the psu) and
GA-F2A55M-DS2 (rev. 1.2) motherboard
2tb HDD