Transfer files between Windows 10 based computers

Hrlyrdr22

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
I was wondering if there was a way to share files between windows based computers using a cable such as an Ethernet cable. I've searched this many times and have only found one "solution" - share folders to other Windows computers which isn't going to work when I want to transfer my entire game library to a new laptop. (5Mbps upload and 35mbps download with a 200+GB folder) I have a male USB to male USB cable and an ethernet cable to transfer files, any help?

Solution
Setting up a home group on your network would be the easiest . Your internet up/download speeds will have zero effect on transfers over your own LAN.

Another alternative, if you have usb 3 ports on both computers and a usb3 external hdd with enough space, copy from one to the other that way.

Either way, set the transfer going overnight before you go to bed, and you'll never know it's happening (neither will you be tempted to stare impatiently at the progress bar. Lol)
Setting up a home group on your network would be the easiest . Your internet up/download speeds will have zero effect on transfers over your own LAN.

Another alternative, if you have usb 3 ports on both computers and a usb3 external hdd with enough space, copy from one to the other that way.

Either way, set the transfer going overnight before you go to bed, and you'll never know it's happening (neither will you be tempted to stare impatiently at the progress bar. Lol)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS