3rd monitor to mobo + 2 to GPU

Zedshi

Reputable
Oct 18, 2016
Hi. I just got another monitor, and I can't get it to work...

I have 2 monitors already that are working fine. One of them is connected via DVI to the graphic card, while the other one is just a HDMI to the graphic card. I now got my 3rd monitor and for some reason It doesn't get a connection. I have no more ports on my GPU (Gigabyte GTX 1070). I tried putting it in the motherboard, but I get no connection. (I can either use HDMI or DVI, preferably DVI) I read somewhere that I had to go from PCI to Intergrated Graphics, but I don't know how, and if that is even how I am supposed to do. Any tips? The motherboard I have is asus z97-pro gaming

Solution
Such a condiguration will not work. It will cause more problems that it solves even if you could find a way, due to clashing drivers. What you need to do is get either a converter box or a cable with two different typres of ends (EG: HDMI to DisplayPort).
Also, for three monitors, you must use at lease on displayport.

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
Such a condiguration will not work. It will cause more problems that it solves even if you could find a way, due to clashing drivers. What you need to do is get either a converter box or a cable with two different typres of ends (EG: HDMI to DisplayPort).
Also, for three monitors, you must use at lease on displayport.

Solution

Zedshi

Reputable
Oct 18, 2016

Oh okay, thanks! What do you mean with a lease on displayport? did you mean at least one displayport? :p

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Zedshi : "Monitor not connecting to mobo"