My cavalier has water mixing with oil

Brandon_134

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Water is mixing at the valve but it's not in the oil pan I just did the rings and pistons the block is fine I wanted to see the oil flow through the valves and saw water on one valve 97 Chevy cavalier

Solution
I would start with a compression test on all the cylinders to eliminate the cracked head/head gasket. That head may have water passages around the valve stems. It could be the valve guides are bad on that cylinder. You may have to get a new head as well.

Brandon_134

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
The water comes out mixing with the oil in the 2nd valve causing the milky looking oil I removed the valve cover and turned it over when i check the dip stick no water is in the oil

Brandon_134

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

Brandon_134

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Yes it runs great but because i did the rings and all i wanted to see oil pump out the valves when it was running with the cover off i saw the one valve spew a milky oil

kanewolf

Titan
I would start with a compression test on all the cylinders to eliminate the cracked head/head gasket. That head may have water passages around the valve stems. It could be the valve guides are bad on that cylinder. You may have to get a new head as well.

Solution

Brandon_134

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

Brandon_134

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

Hard to say without putting eyes or hands on it. Did you replace the intake manifold gasket (upper & lower) when doing the work on the rings and pistons? Those are pretty notorious for leaking on the 3.1, especially the lower intake gasket. Also did you have the head checked when you pulled it off? The aluminum heads are known for warping and may need to be milled flat again and/or checked for cracks (hairline).