3 monitor display problem.

ChaHarry

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
So I have three monitors set up on my computer. I have an AMD r9 280x for my card. One is connected using an HDMI cable, another is connected using DVI, and the last one is connected using VGA/mini display port adapter. The DVI and HDMI monitors have no problem at all with their display when I start up my computer. However the Vga monitor will just flash on and off. The only way I have been able to get all three up and going is if I disconnect all three display cords from the monitors and then connect the VGA monitor first. However i have to do this on each startup. So I am wondering if there is a way to avoid having to do this on each startup? Thanks in advance.

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
This has happened to me before and I never got around the issue. It did work fine with older drivers but for some reason now it doesn't. I ended up replacing the mini displayport to vga adapter with an active mini display port to HDMI adapter. Most of the VGA ones are passive and will have this weird problems. Once I went for the active adapter, it all ran fine. They are more expensive though.

TRENDING THREADS