BSOD windows 10 while playing games - irql_not_less_or_equal

Floppy69

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
I have just bought a new motherboard, CPU and ram in a bundle from Amazon and ever since I installed them I have been getting this BSOD when playing games, it happens in any game but I have noticed that the more demanding the game is to run then the quicker it will blue screen, it says this error message every time, I have tried installing pretty much every driver on the asus website and the same problem always occurs, I have also tried re-installing windows and have had little success.

PC SPEC -
CPU - Intel core i7 6700k
MOBO - asus Z170-P
GPU - GTX 980
RAM - DDR4 16gb ram (not sure on make)
HDD - Samsung 750 evo 500gb SSD

I think thats everything I need to mention, but if not let me know, thanks a lot for taking the time to read all this but I am stuck I have tried everything I can think off.

Solution
sometimes who crashed is helpful, other times it just blames windows. all the file names mentioned above are windows
hal.dll sits between hardware and windows
ntoskrnl = the part of windows that follows drivers instructions and gets blamed for it.
tcpip.sys is related to the internet - makes me think one cause is a lan driver, might also help to run an anti virus scan but more likely to be a driver

I cannot really tell from that and I can't read dump files, so to save you some time, I would follow the posting instructions on the page below and ask there as they have people who will help you faster than I can: http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

best of luck :)

Floppy69

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 08/11/2016 18:48:47 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110816-3453-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (0xFFFFF8011DC1D627)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xB0, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8011DC1D627)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 08/11/2016 18:48:47 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalProcessorIdle+0x2C7)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xB0, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8011DC1D627)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 07/11/2016 19:22:18 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110716-3515-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (0xFFFFF80D456DC67D)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80D456DC67D)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

On Mon 31/10/2016 22:04:27 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\103116-3453-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x17627)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xB0, 0xFF, 0x8F, 0xFFFFF80137C55627)

On Mon 31/10/2016 01:45:35 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\103116-5437-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x149F90)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xFF, 0xD6, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Colif

Win 11 Master
sometimes who crashed is helpful, other times it just blames windows. all the file names mentioned above are windows
hal.dll sits between hardware and windows
ntoskrnl = the part of windows that follows drivers instructions and gets blamed for it.
tcpip.sys is related to the internet - makes me think one cause is a lan driver, might also help to run an anti virus scan but more likely to be a driver

I cannot really tell from that and I can't read dump files, so to save you some time, I would follow the posting instructions on the page below and ask there as they have people who will help you faster than I can: http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

best of luck :)

Solution