No speakers or headphones plugged in problem

shyfor0080

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
So 4 days ago I bought a new tower pc + monitor and just yesterday, the sound decided not to work all of a sudden. There's a red cross on the sound button and it keeps saying "No speakers or headphones plugged in"

Pc: ASUS G11CB
Monitor: Dell S2316H

When i plug in headphones to the pc the audio works but when I unplug it the problem comes back.

I've tried doing system restore to the earliest restore point possible, updating and uninstalling/reinstalling the sound drivers but nothing has solved the problem. I can't set anything to default in the sound settings either because they are all "disconnected". Tried unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI cable from the pc to the monitor but that didn't work either.

Any solutions to this problem? Thanks!

This happens for two reasons.
The first is what version of the windows OS you are running on the new system.
Well take a guess it`s windows 10.

If it does you have windows sound manager that likes exclusive control over the audio input and out put sources of the motherboard Shyfor0080.

If it so happens you also have installed any application software related to the sound chip on the motherboard and it`s settings.
There should be an option in that program to enable auto sensing of jack input and output sources.
It can be enabled or disabled.

Or simply uninstall the sound application that may of been installed from the driver disk provided with the motherboard.
By using the Add remove feature of windows, that can be found by clicking on control panel of windows.
Shyfor00080.

Remove the sound application software from asus.
then restart you new system.

It`s a conflict between the settings of the sound application, and windows sound manager ok.
Basically each is fighting for control over the input and output ports for sound on the ASUS board you have.

shyfor0080

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016

I don't really understand what you are trying to say, so sorry could you possibly rephrase it?