windows 10 invisible overlay can't click desktop icons anymore..

no0k

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
So I'm running windows 10 and as of today I'm unable to click any of the icons on my desktop. The reason why I say there seems to be an invisible overlay is because I'm working on duo monitors, so when this happens on my main monitor (its only happening on my main monitor) , I can go to my second screen and click the start bar and bring my task manager up and whatnot. As soon as I try to click my desktop again, all of my windows become unresponsive on my main screen until I go to my second monitor and make whatever window the active task again. It's like theres an invisible window thats taking over my entire screen. I've tried restarting windows explorer in task manager to no avail. I can also click "show desktop" and it will make my icons available to click again. Does this sound like a problem anyone else is having? Windows 10 has been ridiculously buggy these past couple of months.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

fritsch42

Prominent
May 18, 2017

I just ran into this, did you find anything that helped?

EDIT
Ok I think I got it.

It somehow put itself into tablet mode.....

Hit the win key type in tablet change your settings to never let this happen again, then sign out and sign back in.

BOOM fixed.