Second monitor will not connect to PC

Jankodeum

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
So for about a month or so I have had an issue with my second monitor where it says "No signal detected" when I try to plug in a hdmi or hdmi-to-dvi cable. To clarify, my monitor is a Ben-q GL2450HM. It works fine with a hdmi cable on my Xbox One, but one day when I tried to swap it over to my PC to have a second monitor for some work it came up with that message I stated above.

My computer runs Windows 10 and I have a AMD Radeon R9 200 Series GPU. During the time of the monitor not working my PC was not touched or moved with a one month gap. I have no clue why this problem has occurred and I am even more confused as to why there is no solution discovered yet. If anyone has suggestions or a firm solution please reply to this.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Just throwing this out there, but did you switch to multi monitor setup? in display settings there is an option to extend/duplicate/etc. for multiple monitors. could just be that the setting is not automatically switching over

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
Just throwing this out there, but did you switch to multi monitor setup? in display settings there is an option to extend/duplicate/etc. for multiple monitors. could just be that the setting is not automatically switching over

Solution