Monitor troubleshooting help

Spiced_veteran69

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
My Acer K242HL was working fine for over a year then I went to the toilet and came back and the screen was changing between reb, blue,gray and checkered backgrounds. No message about lack of signal and changing ports and connection it to my other PC did nothing. Ideas?

Solution
Hate to say it dude but i'm convinced your monitor is fried i'm not sure if repair is an option you'll have to take it to a professional but your probably better off buying a new one.

ROCKJAYDEN_22

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
What cable are you connecting with and what GPU are you running as it could be faulty wire, monitor or GPU.

If its the cable that is the easiest fix (Obviously).

Monitor problem might be bad for you unless you have warranty in which case follow the standard warranty procedure.

If its GPU end you life (JK) but just like the monitor pray you have warranty or alternatively try a different port in the Graphics card but I highly reccomend if it is the GPU replace it if you have warranty.

Hope this helps :D

Spiced_veteran69

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
I'll try putting a new GPU in and see if that fixes it but it looks like its the monitor. I have never seen the screen it is showing before and it is not even displaying the classic no VGA/no DVI signal so it looks like the monitor is being completely un-esponsive

Spiced_veteran69

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
It turns on when the computer boots but then it only displays these weird static backgrounds so I think it is receiving the signal but when it tries to display the message problems occur

ROCKJAYDEN_22

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
Hate to say it dude but i'm convinced your monitor is fried i'm not sure if repair is an option you'll have to take it to a professional but your probably better off buying a new one.

Solution