Had an electrical flicker now PC wont turn on

RealJSwaffs

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
So power flickered at the house. All computers turned off only one is having an issue. This computer was on today and went to log in to windows 10 but then froze. Then afterwards booted to black screen. All lights on the motherboard are solid blue. I'm not really sure what the issue is here please help.

Mobo: MSI 990FXA-GD65
Processor: AMD FX-8350
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 970
RAM: HyperX Fury 8gb (1 stick)

First try unplugging the system from the wall for about 1 min or so. If by chance, i dont think so but, any of the protections in the PSU tripped this will let them reset.
Next you can try pushing the Clear Cmos button on the back I/O panel and then try booting. Some times a spike can cause an issues the BIOS/UEFI.

EDIT: once it does boot I highly recommend running a System File Check by opening a command window using administrator privileges and typing without quotes "sfc/scannow" and hit enter. If the Windows files became corrupt it will tell you and fix most issues.

I hate to say it, but this doesn't sound good.

You haven't listed your power supply, which could be affected (and is relatively cheap to replace), but the fact that your computer booted up for a while and then froze points away from the PSU (not for sure... it's just less likely).

It's very likely that at least one piece of hardware hasn't survived the brownout.

Look up your mobo manual to see if the "blue" lights are a warning message of some kind. That might help you identify the failed component.

It's also worth looking up you manual on how to reset the BIOS to factory defaults, just in case.

Otherwise you're going to need to start trying to isolate the failed component(s - but hopefully singular!). Have you got any old/spare parts lying around that you can swap in to test? Strip out everyone you can (drives, any expansions cards other than your graphics card) and see if you can get any signs of life then.

RealJSwaffs

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Reset my CMOS one thing to note is that the hard drive light isnt coming on sicne the whole black screen ordeal. I tried the drive in a seperate pc and it works just fine and boots.

PS hard drive light did turn on after switched cables but still black screen. Currently trying out different ram to rule things out as i saw another post said to try this.