Audio slowly fades out when low sounds

Soft paw

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
Hello,

I revamped my setup entirely 2 months ago and decided I would go with windows 10 for the first time on this new rig.

So,my problem is that the audio seems to fade out slowly as soon as there is little sound going on.
Let me try to picture it.

Imagine you are watching a movie, people are talking, some footsteps, a little music etc, so lots of noises - no issue.
Then, in the movie the people stop talking, they stand still, the music stops, there is only the wind in the distance - if there is so little noise detected then the audio will slowly fade out

UNTIL, someone talks or until windows 10 gives an audio notification or another random loud noise, and then BOOM the audio goes back to normal and it is scary sometimes.

My setup:

i7 6700K
1080 GTX MSI Founders Edition
64GB 3400MHz
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
SteelSeries Apex Keyboard
Razer Mamba Chroma Wireless Mouse
Asus Maximus Formula 8 MotherBoard
SteelSeries 850 Wireless Headset
Thermaltake P5 Core Case
Windows 10 Home's Edition valid, paid through Microsoft website and activated

Everything runs at clock speed, I noticed this issue a few days ago, so it's not from day 1.

strizlow800

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
Sounds to me like you should experiment a bit with different versions of your sound drivers. :) Also check the audio utility that comes with your drivers. There might be some equalizer settings or noise settings that are causing such mess.... It happened to me on a HP laptop once updating sound drivers automatically through windows update. After that I had to set some settings in the DTS control panel...