newegg screwed me out of my harddrives, options?

RMoore_87

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
I orded parts for a new computer on newegg. Upon recieving the parts I noticed that my 2 6TB storage drives were not in the box but were on the shipping manifest contained it the vox. Immediatly I contacted newegg about this and after two weeks they get back to me stating there's nothing they can do cause it's already left the warehouse. So am I just screwed out of about 600 dollars?

Is there any evidence that the box your parts were shipped in was opened and re-sealed prior to you receiving it? In that case you may have a complaint against the shipping company.

When Newegg does a physical inventory (perhaps at year-end), they should realize they are "long" 2 6TB hard drives, which should support your claim that they never put them into your shipment, but with a company that large, they are probably "long" and "short" on a bunch of inventory items, due to human error in packing things for shipment, record-keeping errors, physical inventorying errors, etc.

I guess you can contact Newegg again and ask them when they do physical inventory counts, and to keep your claim in mind if they discover they have an additional 2 6TB hard drives in stock than there records indicate they should have.

Other than that, it is kind of your word versus their shipping manifest.

RMoore_87

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Well that just sucks. I guess I'm screwed out of my money then. I know after this I won't be using newegg again.

Shipping errors can occur with any company, large or small. Typically the people in the shipping department aren't highly paid, and could get easily distracted when putting an order together. A good company will have a second person check the order before it is shipped out and sign off that it is correct.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hello RMoore_87, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this post. I apologize for the negative experience you had with the claim and would like the chance to look into this and investigate what has happened. Would you mind sending us more information via email at wecare@newegg.com? We would be happy to explore the different options e may have for you.
Thank you,
Isaac
[Newegg Support]