second monitor problems with recognition

Rigil Smith

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Hello,

I have recently gotten a new HDMI monitor, in addition to my old VGA monitor. The problem is, my computer wont recognize it. when I boot up the computer, the monitor says there is no signal coming from the computer, and the input isn't the problem either, every time I try to switch it, it comes up with the same message again. I have gotten it to work for about a week or so, and when it did, it was my dad who did it, and he said that it just randomly started to work. Then it started to just randomly restart (the monitor not the computer) like the wires were almost cut but not quite, every time I clicked (in seemingly random locations). It just went black, popped up with the logo again, and went back to normal. 30 seconds later, it restarted again. I unplugged, and re-plugged the HDMI cable, and now its not connecting again.

Please help, thank you

Solution
Press the Menu button on the HDMI monitor. If the monitors built in menu doesn't come up then you have an issue with the monitor. if it does come up then make sure the input is set to hdmi.