Bios on big TV only shows half of its screen

ORION85

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Hi guys ive got an msi z97 gaming 5 motherboard. Everythings fitted and I view bios via a hdmi cable from the board to my 40 Inch TV.
I'm getting the top half of the bios screen showing up which tells me the ssd, cpu and ram are all showing up but as for the bottom half I can view it.
I've tired flicking through different resolution formats like 16:9, cinema, auto and full etc but none show the whole bios page.
What could be the problem and how can I solve it?

Solution
The BIOS/UEFI might just run in a relatively small resolution (I remember 720x480 as pretty common) and your TV might provide no upscaling for this resolution.
Also look if there is some sort of auto adjustment function. Using this should tell the display to retry a proper scaling. Usually that is only needed when using an analog connection, but it might worth a try.

ORION85

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
I tried that Hlsgsz but it didn't work yet windows 10 installed and comes up full screen lol. Go figure. Yes ko might need updating and I am just using my 4690k graphics at, graphics card to come soon. The only reason ive not tried the bios update is because of all the horror stories ive read on here and other sites of the z97 gaming 5 getting brickwalled from updates.

The only problem with bios updates is a power blackout. If you can get your PC behind a UPS, theres no reason to worry.

The BIOS/UEFI might just run in a relatively small resolution (I remember 720x480 as pretty common) and your TV might provide no upscaling for this resolution.
Also look if there is some sort of auto adjustment function. Using this should tell the display to retry a proper scaling. Usually that is only needed when using an analog connection, but it might worth a try.

Solution

ORION85

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

Okay cheers for that i will update this when i get a monitor soon and see how it plays out.

ORION85

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Hi guys update   All is well. I installed my Asus Stix Geforce GTX 1060 OC and bios is showing up fine   The intel 4600 graphics must have been having issue with it but its all sorted now, looks great on my celcus 40 inch tv screen.

ORION85

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Also to add guys. I had no sound coming from my pc after i had fitted my 1060 which was worrying but all it was was i needed to download the latest drivers from asus but that a given to the experianced rig builders ;) Noobs take not, all will be fine aslong as you do your home work, plan, go over the plan, follow the plan and come back to Toms hardware when you think you might need some more advanced advice will save you tears and frustration ;) Master race