Thinking about buying a Vizio HDTV...

Megane67

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Greetings,

I've decided to take the plunge and get myself an HDTV, with a budget of around $500 CAD. I've done a lot of research, measured the distance from my chair to my TV as 7 feet, used the http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship link as a guide and the 50 inch size would seem to be the best and most affordable choice for me.

I was originally just going to get a 43 inch but I wear glasses and I found myself squinting at the subtitles and map functions of games I was playing on my sister's 42 inch HDTV and I was sitting about 7-8 feet from that TV as well.

So, according to my research, the VIZIO D50-D1 50-Inch LED Smart TV would seem to be the best choice for my budget and eyesight. I read that "full-array configuration with local dimming" will give me a better picture than Edge-Lit LED which is why I chose VIZIO. I also have no interest in getting a 4K or 3D TV at this time.

Finally, I'm going to use this TV strictly for watching MP4, DVDs, Blu-Rays and for console gaming only. So does this TV seem like the best choice for me or is there something I've overlooked or an error in my research? Any help or advice you can give me is greatly appreciated as always.

Solution
Vizio also has the lowest input lag using 1 of the 4 HDMI ports compared to other models. If console gaming and low input lag are imprtant to you read up on it. You'll find the Vizio performs well in this department.

gondo

Distinguished
Vizio also has the lowest input lag using 1 of the 4 HDMI ports compared to other models. If console gaming and low input lag are imprtant to you read up on it. You'll find the Vizio performs well in this department.

Solution