How do I access Windows 10 Bios when this is happening?

Lmtl80

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Hi,

I'm trying to "reset" Windows 10 after an update that's messed everything up.
I was else where and heard my computer restart, came in to see what happened and Windows had automatically done an update.
After the update happened None of my programs, start bar etc are responsive. I click and nothing at all happens.

I can't do system restore because there aren't any restore points, so my only real option is to reset everything.

However, not being able to click on anything means I can't actually access the area on Windows that allows me to do so, so what I'm attempting to do is boot Windows from the installation CD, which gives you the option to reset.

To do that I need to access the BIOS to change the boot order but pressing shift + shutdown isn't working with the state the OS is in right now.

Any ideas on how I can access the BIOS? As I say shift and shutdown isn't working and I can't access advanced settings because that requires clicking.

Maybe there's another way to boot from the CD without using the BIOS?

Thanks!

Lmtl80

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Thanks for the reply.

This is what I'd ordainerally do, but I was under the impression that F2 didn't work in Windows 10 because of the fast start stuff?
It doesn't work for me, anyway.

Lmtl80

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Are there any other ways of booting from CD rather than going into the bios to change the boot order?

Or to just run the setup from the CD within Windows?

Lmtl80

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Task manager doesn't open. It just gives me a black screen when I press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and then after about three minuets returns back to the unresponsive desktop.

I've tried opening the task manager several times and occasionally get a box appear that states "too many other files are currently in use by 16 bit programs".

Lmtl80

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
The start menu seems to open when I click on it sometimes but not others.
It seems once the computer has booted up, I'm able to click start on and off once before it becomes Unresponsive.

I can also note that the power button tile on the left hand side of the start menu works when start is working, and also the note pad loads, but other than that I have no response with anything.

Occasionally I can open file directories via my computer WHEN the start menu does work and browse those, but any time I have to go into any settings, no response.