Laptop wont connect via HDMI to Samsung TV

Reevie24

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
Hello! Sorry first time ever posting! I have a problem with my laptop and tv connection and was wondering if anyone could help? My laptop won't connect to my samsung tv, but it'll connect to my mates tv. I've tried 3 HDMI cables and still wont connect. Ive updated, roll-back and re-updated drivers, restart the laptop and nothing. However my samsung tv will connect with my Xbox One. Anyone know why?

Solution
Have you tried doing this? Some Samsung TV requires you to change to PC mode before it will recognize a PC signal. Since they are relatively cheap, might want to get a DVI-HDMI adapter and go from the DVI port to HDMI 1 on the TV and see if that works.

Source
When you are watching product and you want to watch a movie on your DVD player or Blu-ray player or switch to your
cable box or STB satellite receiver, you need to change the Source.
TV / Ext. / PC / HDMI1/DVI / HDMI2 / AV / Component
1. Press the SOURCEs button on your remote. The Source screen appears.
2. Select a desired external input source.
✎ Use to select TV or other external input sources such as DVD / Blu-ray players / cable box /
STB satellite receiver connected to the...

Wiz33

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Have you tried doing this? Some Samsung TV requires you to change to PC mode before it will recognize a PC signal. Since they are relatively cheap, might want to get a DVI-HDMI adapter and go from the DVI port to HDMI 1 on the TV and see if that works.

Source
When you are watching product and you want to watch a movie on your DVD player or Blu-ray player or switch to your
cable box or STB satellite receiver, you need to change the Source.
TV / Ext. / PC / HDMI1/DVI / HDMI2 / AV / Component
1. Press the SOURCEs button on your remote. The Source screen appears.
2. Select a desired external input source.
✎ Use to select TV or other external input sources such as DVD / Blu-ray players / cable box /
STB satellite receiver connected to the TV.
✎ You can only choose external devices that are connected to the product. In the displayed Source list,
connected inputs are highlighted.
✎ In the Source, TV, Ext. and PC are always stays activated.
How to Use Edit Name
Edit Name lets you associate a device name to an input source. To access Edit Name, open the Tools menu when the
Source list is displayed. The following selections appear under Edit Name:
VCR / DVD / Cable STB / Satellite STB / PVR STB / AV Receiver / Game / Camcorder / PC / DVI PC / DVI Devices / TV
/ IPTV / Blu-ray / HD DVD / DMA: Select an input jack, and then select the name of the device connected to that jack
from the list that appears.
✎ If you connect a PC to the HDMI IN 1 (DVI) port with an HDMI cable, assign PC to HDMI1/DVI in Edit Name.
✎ If you connect a PC to the HDMI IN 1 (DVI) port with an HDMI to DVI cable, assign DVI PC to HDMI1/DVI in Edit
Name.
✎ If you connect an AV device to the HDMI IN 1 (DVI) port with an HDMI to DVI cable, assign DVI Devices to HDMI1/
DVI in Edit Name.

Solution