Quadro 4000 Displayport

mascola24

Reputable
Nov 14, 2016
Windows 7 64bit
HP Z820 with a Quadro 4000 GPU

Problem: Displayports are not being recognized.

I've been searching for a forum with a fix to this problem but haven't come across this issue. For those unfamiliar with this GPU, it has 1 DVI and 2 Displayport outputs. When plugging in a single monitor to the DVI output using a DVI to DVI cable into the DVI input on the monitor, it works fine. However I would like to utilize the 2 displayports for multiple monitors. My ASUS monitors dont have a displayport input so I purchased an all in one cable:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HCTA952/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
When plugging this cable from either of the Displayport outputs on the computer going into the HDMI input of the monitor, I get no signal. Even with just a single monitor and a single Displayport output.
with the working DVI output plugged into one monitor and then a second monitor plugged into either of the displayports, the nvidia control panel does not recognize any connection in the Displayports. I tried messing with the nvidia menus but couldn't figure out a way to configure it so it'd work. I also updated the drivers for the GPU and have the most recent drivers. I am convinced it is something to do with the settings. Do I have to mess with the BIOS? Any advice would be very welcome.

Solution
You could try booting into another OS/windows recovery/safe mode to see if there is an issue with the driver that windows is loading. That is possible, though unlikely, if you have installed the latest stable version as indicated in your first post. You have downloaded and installed the driver directly from NVidia, right?

Which cables did you try? More than one of the same kind? Did you try any native DP cables? Dirt or dust in the DP outputs could be problematic.

mascola24

Reputable
Nov 14, 2016

I actually tried it on several cables. and I also verified the cables worked on a different machine.

I also discovered a new clue.... with only 1 DP out going into a single monitor, at power up, the display works. but once windows loads, it goes to sleep. Could this be a problem with Windows?

You could try booting into another OS/windows recovery/safe mode to see if there is an issue with the driver that windows is loading. That is possible, though unlikely, if you have installed the latest stable version as indicated in your first post. You have downloaded and installed the driver directly from NVidia, right?

Which cables did you try? More than one of the same kind? Did you try any native DP cables? Dirt or dust in the DP outputs could be problematic.

Solution