My refurbished ASUS PG278Q is running on 24hz?!

davidgar026

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
I just bought a refurbished ASUS PG278Q monitor 27". I went to play BF1 to see if it was really at 144hz but as I was moving my mouse I noticed that here was a delay and then I looked at my FPS and it was capped at 24hz. I went to NVIDIA Control Panel to try and fix the resolution and refresh rate but it is only showing the option of 24hz. I tried installing the driver from the disk provided with the monitor but it gave me a message saying that there is no compatible hardware found. I tried installing. Both ASUS drives from 344.11 and 344.16 versions but no change. I'm using a GTX 1070 and I have the Display port connected to the GPU directly. I'm still having 24hz. I have no clue what to do.

krells

Distinguished
Can you change the refresh rate on the monitor itself? In the onscreen menu set overclocking to on and select set the maximum refresh rate 144 or 165. You should get message about rebooting. Select yes and the monitor will reboot and refresh rate should be whatever you selected.

davidgar026

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

I didn't try that but I'll check if I can change the refresh rate of the monitor. Thanks for advise. I'll let you know what happens

cl-justin

Respectable
Apr 21, 2016
Use the TURBO KEY on your monitor: The ROG SWIFT features a dedicated hotkey to toggle refresh rate on-the-fly without needing to access the graphic driver control panel. Quickly select from 60, 120, or 144Hz refresh rates and go back to gaming. If all else fails, try another DP cable.

davidgar026

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah I tried that but it doesn't work. I'm clicking it and nothing shows even when I'm in game.

davidgar026

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah, I've read some forums of people that have the same issue and used the DP out of the box and then switched with a new DP. Sometimes it works. And Idt it's hdmi capable? It seems to only have a DP port on the monitor. There's also USB and I think a VGA port I believe it is.