why when i mispel when shop online , it doesnt "is this the word your looking for"

FordTruck91

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Why doesnt online Stores fix Misspelling like google , i think ebay and amazon even does it now ? why not Walmart, Gamestop, etc.? is it just not a simple search algorithm ,

and you would think instead of a blank page , if they had this it would bring up what it thinks you typed right>? your shopping , you want to show product as much as you can ! why give them a Black page , Shopping gives the a thrill! , but i hit that Black White Error and it such a Fail .

Has any one else talked about this ? is this a more of a problem than they think it is?

Is it expensive to add the auto correct? ( hell they spend money on crazier things)
When they know a blank screen ant selling them nothing
Compared to a screen that resembles what you think your costumer wants ? right?

Or am i just crazy ( i'm look forward from hearing what people have to say)

Solution
"Is it just not a simple search algorithm"
No it is not.
Just think about the way it should be generated, created.
And yes it is somewhat expensive, because it would add complexity to site.
Those matches require a lot of processing power, not to mention it scales with the products you have in store.
Meaning it would cost money, once for software development and it may require additional hardware/processing power.

Its not like comparing numbers, because 10 is 10, but having a spell error makes the possibilities to multiply.
Also string comparison in general is slower, compared to number comparison.

misteriosly

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
"Is it just not a simple search algorithm"
No it is not.
Just think about the way it should be generated, created.
And yes it is somewhat expensive, because it would add complexity to site.
Those matches require a lot of processing power, not to mention it scales with the products you have in store.
Meaning it would cost money, once for software development and it may require additional hardware/processing power.

Its not like comparing numbers, because 10 is 10, but having a spell error makes the possibilities to multiply.
Also string comparison in general is slower, compared to number comparison.

Solution