Asus VG248QE Unusually dark

krazcs

Commendable
May 7, 2016
A couple months ago I cracked my asus vg248qe's screen and had some lines on it and after a couple weeks long of a hassle of trying to replace it with ASUS I just gave up and went out and bought a new asus vg248qe. from the start I always noticed it was sort of dark but I sort of adapted to it but it always bugged me a little bit. I resorted to use a mode on it called smart view which made the gamma blindingly bright and ended up turning it off after a few months.

Just today I plugged in my old asus vg248qe and the brightness and gamma levels were amazing, I totally forgot what I was missing! with my new one all the colors, black levels, and brightness suck! this monitor also has a god awful purple backlight bleed from the bottom up. its also very laggy feeling, even on 144hz enabled. sort of hard to explain. in other words- ever since I got this new monitor ive been slumping real hard in my game, always changing stuff thinking it will fix it, but plugging in my old monitor with the horrible lines in it every thing felt perfect again like it used to.

I was wondering if anyone knows what I could do, as far as maybe something like selling it on ebay or something and buying a new one. I know best buy wont take it back since I've had to for 5 months now.

Solution
I feel like selling it on ebay would be disingenuous unless you specified that it wasn't working and were selling them highly discounted for parts.

What I would consider doing is writing to an ASUS customer service rep and explaining just what poor quality assurance / disappointing products you've received, explaining that you love the brand and so forth and so on but that the level of flaws they're allowing to ship is inexcusable.
I feel like selling it on ebay would be disingenuous unless you specified that it wasn't working and were selling them highly discounted for parts.

What I would consider doing is writing to an ASUS customer service rep and explaining just what poor quality assurance / disappointing products you've received, explaining that you love the brand and so forth and so on but that the level of flaws they're allowing to ship is inexcusable.

Solution