cisco vs comptia vs microsoft certified

Solution

Hi bigal80ak,

I recently completed the A+ 220-901/902 and I studied by watching Mike Meyers A+ videos on Udemy and I also got a copy of the Exam Cram practice test book. In less than a month I was certified.

Cisco is mostly networking. CompTIA will probably be your best bet if you are wanting an entry level position. Do you have any experience?If not, certs may not be enough. From an employer's point of view: if two candidates both have certs, but the other one has experience, then I am going with that one. I would work on CompTIA certs, then in dude time work on maybe CCNA and Microsoft certs.

What exactly are you trying to do? Hardware, software, networking, cloud computing? IT is so massive right now.

bigal80ak

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012

just an entry level it job i thought comptia A+ then i would get security and networking + to.

If you just want your foot in the door, then CompTIA is the way to go. A lot of people say Secuirty+ should be first, but I digress. A+ should be first, then Net+ and then Sec+. With A+ it's sort of a combination of everything. Grab that, and use it to apply. Also get into some networks on LinkedIN to stay up to date. If you are serious about this, you should study non-stop and build your career. I got my A+ in a matter of 3 weeks.

Also, there are two exams. These exams are $199 a piece, so make sure you study a lot and know the info so you don't have to retake it. On the 901, it is 675/900 passing and 700/900 passing on the 902 exam.

bigal80ak

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012

yeah programs i am looking at are 1900 and it covers the courses and the vouchers for the 901 and 902 test

Well, just make sure that program is certified to gave valid vouchers. I used Professor Messor on YouTube. He has GREAT info, and you can study on your own time. Plus he is free. 1900 is a lot of money when there is free info out there.

bigal80ak

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012

yeah i just noticed there are cheaper programs thanks you have been a great help i will google him

bigal80ak

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012

thanks i am watching messers videos and reading some wish there were more nice programs and tests and hands on things to help me learn i learn better that way i think i will try certmaster

halomasterfs

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009

Hi bigal80ak,

I recently completed the A+ 220-901/902 and I studied by watching Mike Meyers A+ videos on Udemy and I also got a copy of the Exam Cram practice test book. In less than a month I was certified.

Solution