Solved

What would happen if I played a game at 1440p but my monitor was unable to display 1440p?

Would there be any lagging or choppy FPS? Would it just be a waste of good specs?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about happen played game 1440p monitor unable display 1440p
  1. If your monitor is unable to display 1440p you cant even run the game at 1440p. also why would you want to do that?
  2. It won't allow you, you'll probably see a black screen.
  3. Gingerbread said:
    If your monitor is unable to display 1440p you cant even run the game at 1440p. also why would you want to do that?

Actually you can. Don't know about Nvidia, but in the AMD drivers, there is a setting for Virtual Super resolutions. It imitates higher resolutions on a lower resolution screen. Could be usefull to see, how your system performs on higher resolutions
  4. Best answer
    I remember back when I could manually change video modes. Whenever I found a video mode my monitor could not handle, one of two things happened. Either the screen went blank, or it was filled with rapidly moving squiggly lines. If you managed to do the same today, you would get essentially the same result. Except with a GUI, it would be a scrambled picture instead of squiggly lines.
Ask a new question

Read More

Lag Games Monitors FPS Displays