Right click + properties isnt working at all?

tomdogey

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
Every single thing on my pc wont respond to when i right click and click on Properties. Nothing happens. I want to change the icon of some shortcuts but i cant because its impossible if i cant access properties..

Why is this happening and how do i fix it?

Windows 10 btw

Solution
Could be a physical/mechanical problem with the mouse. However, you can narrow things down a bit.

Make and model mouse? Is it securely plugged in if wired? If wireless try fresh batteries.

First try another mouse. Then try your current mouse on another computer. See if the problem follows the mouse.

Second, see if you can change the mouse buttons: e.g. click speed, left hand vs. right. Some setting via mouse configuration menus.

Download and reinstall the mouse drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Ralston18

Titan
Could be a physical/mechanical problem with the mouse. However, you can narrow things down a bit.

Make and model mouse? Is it securely plugged in if wired? If wireless try fresh batteries.

First try another mouse. Then try your current mouse on another computer. See if the problem follows the mouse.

Second, see if you can change the mouse buttons: e.g. click speed, left hand vs. right. Some setting via mouse configuration menus.

Download and reinstall the mouse drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Solution