PC turns ON, than immediately OFF

maurelie

Honorable
Hey guys,

I got up this morning turned on the PC, did some facebook, youtube, news of the day and stuff like that, than went out to buy something. Before i went out i turned off the PC, but when i returned and tried to power on the PC, it turned on and immediately it turned off.
During the powering up, the fans work for like 1-2 seconds and after that they don't spin anymore.
All the lights work when it is off (motherboard power and reset and GPU power led). The thing i noticed is that when i reset the PSU, the led on the case turns on and than quickly fades away, like the led is powered on batteries and the batteries are low, strange thing.

Things i tried so far:

-Removing power cable from PSU
-Resetting PSU
-Removing CMOS battery
-Unplugging and plugging all cables ( 8 pin CPU, 6+2 pin GPU, 24pin Motherboard, removing the RAM and installing it again on the same slots and different slots, cables from the case like, power led, hdd led, reset sw) and none of this has resolved the issue

PC specs:

-Intel i7 2600k
-Phateks PH-TC-12DX
-Asus p8p67 Evo
-Kingston Hyper X Fury 2x4GB 1866Mhz
-Asus R9 380X
-Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
-Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
-Coole Master VS550M
-Fractal Design Define R4

I hope someone will be able to help me.
Thanks

you need 3 basic things to boot, cpu ram video. right now the pc Is not booting, so I usually try and remove them one at a time testing booting to see if we can isolate the problem.

since that mobo does not have onboard I would start with ram. remove the ram and attempt to boot does it beep?

do you have a space graphics card you could try?

can you plug the pc into a different power outlet? how does the power chord look, any damage?

maurelie

Honorable

I tried with unplugging the GPU, it didn't boot, i tried with removing the ram, also didn't boot (btw i don't have MB speaker so no beeps) and also tried with different power cord, also no luck.

Waiting for my brother to come with his PSU, and check again.