Solved

My OpenGL isn't working after i installed windows 10.

So, my opengl isn't working for some reason after installed windows 10. I don't have a gpu, but before i installed windows 10, my opengl works fine on my windows 7. Is there any possible fix?
Reply to Frank_100
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about opengl working installed windows
  1. Did you install your integrated graphics drivers after installing Windows 10? For example, if you have an Intel CPU, you can get drivers for the integrated GPU here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
    Reply to TJ Hooker
  2. i have a pretty low end computer from 2006. and i have an intel (r) 82945G express chipset family display adapter.
    Reply to Frank_100
  3. OK, well I would think there would still be drivers for that. Also, what exactly do you mean by "OpenGL isn't working"?
    Reply to TJ Hooker
  4. Well, i can't play games that requires opengl. Minecraft for example. And also CS1.6 with OpenGL as render mode.
    Reply to Frank_100
  5. Best answer
    Windows 7 was the last os they created drivers for that. You can try to install those drivers and see if it works. I'm using 7/8/8.1 drivers on intel hd 3000 on windows 10 which works fine. If the driver doesn't work, there is nothing you can do to get opengl to work on that igpu. You either need to go back to 7 or install a dgpu.
    Reply to k1114
  6. k1114 said:
    Windows 7 was the last os they created drivers for that. You can try to install those drivers and see if it works. I'm using 7/8/8.1 drivers on intel hd 3000 on windows 10 which works fine. If the driver doesn't work, there is nothing you can do to get opengl to work on that igpu. You either need to go back to 7 or install a dgpu.

i tried to install the drivers and i got my opengl back and i can play moar games again :) thanks
    Reply to Frank_100
  7. TJ Hooker said:
    OK, well I would think there would still be drivers for that. Also, what exactly do you mean by "OpenGL isn't working"?

you too. Thanks for the help
    Reply to Frank_100
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

windows 10 OpenGL