Hard drive Security reset! Help!

-Dezz-

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015
In an attempt to restrict a local accounts aces to the : D drive in my case, I have messed everything up. I just want to know how i can reset all of the security settings for that drive. In conclusion any of the installed apps on that drive, example origin game install directory, cannot get aces to it because the security settings block it. By now, i have reinstalled windows. I have not tried to format/wipe the drive and i dont really want to.
Any methods on how i can reset the security settings for that drive? Please help!

Solution
if you format drive, there won't be anything left. so yes it will be default.
when you reinstall the os, even tho the name is the same, the security token is different.

-Dezz-

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015
I have copied all of the security settings from the :C drive on to the : D drive, but still when i try to delete any of the folders inside of it say i need permission from the account that has owner ship of it, but the thing is I have changed the owner to the admin account.
Will formatting the drive reset all of the security options to default?

Have also tried to restore the drive, but it dosnt have enough space, therefor I am trying to delete items on the drive, but i cannot since all of the folders require premision from my self, the owner account of the drive. Switching owner on folders directly does not work. Had a couple docx files I was able to delete, thats it.