Windows 10 won't let me access my D drive.

Craig_48

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
When I click on it, it tells me "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

When I attempt to open the disk with an application, it tells me "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

When I restart, it still tells me "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

No matter what disk I put in, it tells me "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

It's up to date on drivers. It has worked in the past. It doesn't matter what application I attempt to open the disk with, Imgburn or VLC or iTunes. Games don't work.

I'm an admin. Mine was the first account on the computer. I've looked up possible solutions and they say to change the security settings. There are no security settings for the D drive.

Solution
was D drive from a previous install?
can you right click the folders in it?

try setting up a homegroup as that might give you access to drive