PLEASE HELP ME I'm desperate!!!

TEKLord79

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
I need help! ALL of my winblows 10 devices are having ongoing internet connection issues, my kubantu boot works, my android devices work, hell I went as far to buy a new Surface Pro (spent $1.6k) and no difference, I can't online game, chat or anything .. I can't even access my modem via my browser .. THE only sites that work are google & youtube

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Antony

Solution

Like I mentioned earlier, the firmware update may help. Reason being that depending on how old it is, it may need updating to better support your other devices.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Hello Antony,

Either your router's firmware needs to be upgraded or you have a malware infection.

If you have a malware infection, re-install the OS or re-image the drive. There's no way to connect to a site and download Malwarebytes or something similar; so you'll have to wipe the machine clean.

Regardless, you should immiediately back up your machine as soon as the machine is issue free. If it happens again, just restore the computer. A disk imager (i.e. Macrium Reflect) or a disk imager (i.e. RollBack Rx) will work.

TEKLord79

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
Its not malware, I got a premium AVG subscription, but what has me is that my android and linux devices are fine, it's bizzare, but ill take a look at updating my firmware *crosses fingers*

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

Like I mentioned earlier, the firmware update may help. Reason being that depending on how old it is, it may need updating to better support your other devices.

Solution