computer is going into hibernate from sleep

Alexis_19

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
Recently my computer started doing something weird it wasn't doing before. When i put it into sleep, the red LED use to flash but now if it stays in sleep for a long period the light turns off which i assume is hibernation. This is not a laptop and the hibernate setting is set to "never".

I tried disabling hibernation with a command prompt and it did fix the issue but it created a new one. When i would turn off the computer (alt f4: shut down) the computer would boot again whenever i click the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard.

EDIT: any idea would be appreciated. I have no idea why it goes in hibernation when i leave it in sleep for a long time, the option is on "off" in power options. The power light goes off instead of blinking and when i press a key to wake the computer i get the bios screen but the app i left open are still there so i assume this is hibernation.

Solution

Hello again Alexis_19

I don't think it is the MOBO problem.

Did you try creating a new Power Plan, modifying its settings, and then checking if that works fine? While creating a new power plan, make sure you pick up a different base plan to start from. Another alternative can be to pick a different power plan and see if it responds the same way.

If the issue persists, you can try Restoring Windows to an...
Hello Alexis_19

It looks like the selected power plan is somehow misconfigured.

Can you please try going to the Power Options window, clicking the Change plan settings link next to the currently selected power plan, clicking the Change advanced power settings link, and then clicking the Restore plan defaults button from the box that appears next?

Back on the previous window, also click the Restore default settings for this plan link, and then restart the PC.

Check and confirm if the issue is resolved.

If that doesn't help, you can try Enabling/Disabling Fast Startup in your computer and see if that fixes the problem.

Cheers!! :)

Alexis_19

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
reseting the settings doesn't seem to help.
Disabling fast startup does the same as disabling hibernate with a command line: it fixes this issue but make it so that my mouse and keyboard turn the computer on when it is shut down (which i find very weird)

edit: could it be MOBO related? i have a b150m pro-vd from msi

Hello again Alexis_19

I don't think it is the MOBO problem.

Did you try creating a new Power Plan, modifying its settings, and then checking if that works fine? While creating a new power plan, make sure you pick up a different base plan to start from. Another alternative can be to pick a different power plan and see if it responds the same way.

If the issue persists, you can try Restoring Windows to an Earlier Point, i.e. when it didn't have any such issue.

Cheers!! :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS