Computer in sleep causing connection to internet to slow from 60mbps to 10mbps for other computers

Haz6600

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
I have 2 computers connected to my router, and when one is in sleep the others connection will be capped at 10mbps.

The computer that causes the problem will turn the green light on the router to orange, indicating the computer is in sleep/hibernate, while the computer that doesnt have this problem will go into sleep and the light will turn off completely.

Basically id like to figure out how to make the problem computer turn the router light off completely.

In this pic the problem computer is currently off, but the green light will be orange when its in sleep unlike the computer that doesnt cause the problem.
ZrRhnJt.jpg

The problem computer has a ASUS B85M-G R2.0 Micro mobo, and the other has a MSI Z170A SLI PLUS, both have Windows 10 64 bit.

The router is a Netgear WNR2500 Firmware: V1.0.0.32NA

If i could replicate the problem with the MSI mobo, then i could fix it on the ASUS mobo, also have had a Gigabyte i5 system and a ASRock i5 system on this router and never had the problem till the ASUS mobo system.

Also did some searching before posting this and the best i found was: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/27782-42-computer-causing-internet-down

but not quite sure we have the same problem.

Haz6600

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
Figured out the problem, the ASUS computer had a network adapter setting at "10mbps First" on the "WOL & Shutdown Link Speed", i changed it to "Not Speed Down" and it fixed the problem, not sure why it effects other computers on the router.