Dual (extended) monitors VGA to DVI not working. HELPPPP

timarea51

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
Hi there,

I recently aquired two Samsung Syncmaster p2370's and want to run a dual monitor setup. I have a AMD radeon R7 240 videocard with both an HDMI and VGA output slot.

The monitors only have a DVI-D input slot. I use an adapter for HDMI to DVI-D and this works fine on one monitor.

When I try hooking up a second monitor (to extend the screen) it does not work. For this "second screen" I have bought a VGA to DVI-D cable but Windows 10 will not detect the second screen nor will it send any signal to the monitor, it will just stay black and Windows is unable to detect the screen in the display settings. Hitting the source button on the monitor does not work either and I tried messing around in the settings as well. I think the monitors support both analog and digital signals but I must be missing something...

I saw some of the sollutions here but I haven't come across my specific situation. That is why I'm reaching out as I'm really at a loss here and it would be great if somebody could give me some direction.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time!

Tim

timarea51

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from timarea51 : "Dual monitors VGA to DVI not working. HELPPPP"

Hi there,

I recently aquired two Samsung Syncmaster p2370's and want to run a dual monitor setup. I have a AMD radeon R7 240 videocard with both an HDMI and VGA output slot.

The monitors only have a DVI-D input slot. I use an adapter for HDMI to DVI-D and this works fine on one monitor.

When I try hooking up a second monitor (to extend the screen) it does not work. For this "second screen" I have bought a VGA to DVI-D cable but Windows 10 will not detect the second screen nor will it send any signal to the monitor, it will just stay black and Windows is unable to detect the screen in the display settings. Hitting the source button on the monitor does not work either and I tried messing around in the settings as well. I think the monitors support both analog and digital signals but I must be missing something...

I saw some of the sollutions here but I haven't come across my specific situation. That is why I'm reaching out as I'm really at a loss here and it would be great if somebody could give me some direction.

Tim

timarea51

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from timarea51 : "Dual (extended) monitors VGA to DVI not working. HELPPPP"

Hi there,

Tim

timarea51

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from timarea51 : "Dual monitors VGA to DVI not working. HELPPPP"

Hi there,

Tim