No Signal to Monitor after Resetting BIOS to Default Settings

AnthoRasher

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
This may be a longer post because I was unable to find anything about this problem anywhere else on the internet. Also, I am on mobile so I apologize for any typos and formating errors.

Background

I bought a HP Desktop a few years ago in 2012. I later upgraded and added a GTX 660 along with a new 600W PSU. Then later upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 for free. Upon Installing my new GPU I would not get any signal to monitor simular to my current problem, but thankfully I found the solution to that by disabling secure boot in the bios.

The Start of The Issue

I had crashing problems with one game I was playing and figured maybe something was overclocked in BIOS settings to cause these crashes. So I'd figuring maybe resetting BIOS would return it to an un overclocked state. However, after confirming the reset to defualt setting I got a series of short beeps. I did not count these beeps, but I would guess around 7 or 8 of them. After that I would get no signal to my monitor.

Hardware

I would like to mention when I start up the PC everything things sounds and looks normal. No error beeps. All lights and fans turn on as normal, and I am able to hear the hardrive working as normal. Keyboard light turns on for a few seconds while pc powering up but then turns off.

I've been using a VGA cable with the output end using a VGA to DVI connector. Neither GPU or Motherboard have a VGA connector so I have to use this

Things I've Attempted

- Resetting CMOS settings via jumpers and CMOS battery.

- Replaced a chared looking CMOS battery with a new one
Z83KhGj.jpg

- Tried both GPU and on-board graphics.

- Tried mutliple other TVs with both on board graphics and GPU and both a VGA and HDMI cable in every combination possible.

- Tested GPU in another computer and It works.

- Tested RAM in another PC and it works.

- Cleaned out RAM and GPU slots.

- Put ram stick into another slot.

- Used friends GPU and RAM in my PC.

-Tried unpluging power from PC and holding down power button for 15 seconds.

- Left PC running for several hours to see if it was updating or installing anything.

- Tried resetting BIOS via button combination on start up.

Things I'm Confused By

My motherboard has a few jumper pins I am uncertain about because I can't find any info on them.

1.FLASH OVERIDE
0Gmbb6D.jpg

2. BIOS RECOVERY, OT RST AND OT. RECRY
LkaSl68.jpg

I feel like the Bios Recovery Pins would be my safest bet, because I would think it would allow me to recover my previous BIOS setting. Sadly I am not sure how to use these pins.

Conclusion

I appreciate anyone that can help me shed some light on this issue. I feel like I am the only one that has had this issue and It seems like such a common mistake anyone could make.

TL;DR: Reset bios settings, got a series of beeps and now no signal to monitor.

I take it you no longer have the manual that came with the system build or the motherboard.

If so just read the information printed on the motherboard of its model number or name.

By doing a google search you should be able to find a motherboard manual online in .PDF format that can be read via adobe reader software.
or pm me with details, will then send manual link for motherboard.
Pm me with details if you like and i will send link to your Pmb.

It will detail how to use the bios recovery jumper of the motherboard and where it needs to be set to use the second shadow copy of the bios from the main bios chip on the motherboard ok.

If you have no luck post the name of the board, or its brand, and the model number printed on the motherboard.
Then i will find you the pdf manual for it, and post a link direct to the pdf file ok.