Gears of War 4 install Activate windows problem

ownedinthedome

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2012
Hey how's it going guys. So I messed up and accidentally reformatted with the wrong version of Windows 10 and now have the "Activate Windows" text at the bottom right of my screen. I believe that because of this, I can not use any Windows applications (When I try to open any, i get a dialog saying "Store can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again") and my User Account Control Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account is enabled.

I am trying to install Gears of War 4 on to my PC (bought XBOX version) and was wondering if there is a work-around to this without having to reformat with the correct version. I tried opening a chat with their support and playing dumb (used to get free keys to XP all the time back in the day) but they just kept telling me I had to reformat. Thanks.

Solution

There is no workaround.
Fix the issue properly.

4745454b

Titan
By grabbing a copy off the internet? Why would you do that? What's in 10pro that home doesn't support?

Honestly I'd just go back to your legal 10home, and use a different user account then the standard admin one. Your problems should be gone at that point.

ownedinthedome

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2012
I didn't get it off the internet, a buddy at work let me use his flash drive with Windows 10 on it because I couldn't find my disk and I didn't think to question it and went through with the format, only to find out it was pro instead of home. I found my disk now but don't necessarily feel like reformatting right now so I was trying to find a work-around, possibly without using a Windows app to install.

USAFRet

Titan

There is no workaround.
Fix the issue properly.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

This. Anything worth doing is worth doing correctly.