Sign in glitch? Help Please

TolgaNuke

Commendable
May 3, 2016
So I was messing about trying to get remote desktop to work and now when I turn on my PC, it comes up with two me's. It usually logs on without requiring any interaction at all but now when my computer turns on, instead of going to the desktop, it says 'We cannot connect at the moment. Please check your network and try again later.' And then it comes up with another Tolga (my name.) Under that account that it brings me to first, it asks for a username and password, so I have to click on the one with the dog profile picture and type my password in. (All things I have just described are in picture form as well.) Under user accounts, there is only 1 and under manage accounts, there is also only one. I have asked Microsoft and they cannot see why so can anyone see why this second account is there when I turn on my computer?

image1.jpg

image1_1.jpg

image1_3.jpg

image1_2.jpg

Solution
What did you do with remote desktops?

Windows 10 user accounts seem really easy to mess up. It can also go strange if you aren't attached to internet when you login.

I would suggest setting up a new local account and use it instead of the account that is messing up now. I wouldn't delete old account as its always handy having a backup admin, just in case. It takes just a few minutes to make a local user, copy your current users folder in c/users/username onto new user, and make it admin. Then just need to set up a few programs again and its done. Probably edit netplwiz so it logs in new user auto instead. How to make local user...

Colif

Win 11 Master
What did you do with remote desktops?

Windows 10 user accounts seem really easy to mess up. It can also go strange if you aren't attached to internet when you login.

I would suggest setting up a new local account and use it instead of the account that is messing up now. I wouldn't delete old account as its always handy having a backup admin, just in case. It takes just a few minutes to make a local user, copy your current users folder in c/users/username onto new user, and make it admin. Then just need to set up a few programs again and its done. Probably edit netplwiz so it logs in new user auto instead. How to make local user: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

I had to set up local user after PC decided to skip the logon part completely and log me into a guest account with no access. That was fun since i had netplwiz set up to auto log me in. I now just put password in each day as its happened once, it could happen again.

Solution

TolgaNuke

Commendable
May 3, 2016

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately creating a local user account didn't work, but you did spark an idea in my mind. It was to sign into another Microsoft account, go to netplwiz and then enable automatic sign in for my main Microsoft account again. This worked good and now I have removed the other Microsoft account from my computer.