Multi-Monitor Different Monitor Sizes

Kevin McCutcheon

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I have two 21.5" monitors currently that I use to extend my desktop, but I want to get a third monitor..

My problem is the monitor I want is a 144Hz 24". I would be putting this in the center position and the two 21.5" on the right and left side of the 24". So 21.5"-----24"-----21.5" setup.

My question is, will the different sized outer monitors cause my problems? As in with my mouse going from one screen to another? Also, the 21.5" are 60Hz whereas the new one would be a 144hz.. is that an issue?

Solution
With it being a different hz, you won't be gaming on all 3 anyways so it doesn't make a difference for someone who just wants more screen space. I still have my old monitors connected, all different sizes. Nothing gets spanned across all screens.
As you already have 2, then you understand how extended works. The issues with different sizes are different res which will have a hard edge where it won't go to the other monitor like this http://core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2015/07/settingscaling1-100598954-orig.png or if they are the same res then things won't line up because it's the same amount of pixels but a different size. As far as hz, you shouldn't have issues.

With it being a different hz, you won't be gaming on all 3 anyways so it doesn't make a difference for someone who just wants more screen space. I still have my old monitors connected, all different sizes. Nothing gets spanned across all screens.

Solution