brought a new wd elements portable hard drive

tania miller

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
i brought a wd elements 1Tb portable hard drive for my son's movies, he had one before that played through his blu-ray player, but the new one does not show up on the blu-ray, can some one help me with advise, as the 16gb usb is to small for the amount of movies he has. Thank you for the help and by the way, i am not very technical minded, so simple terms will make it easier for me.

Because you posted this question in the Windows 10 section I am going to assume that you are running Windows 10. When you open up file explorer in Windows 10 it opens to a screen that shows recently opened files and your frequent folders. But over to the left of the screen will be your access to different drives that are connected to your computer. You can scroll down to your Western Digital Elements and click on that and then create a sub-folder specifically for videos.

That is how I would do it. If you need directions on how to get the videos to get there then you can post back and someone here can help you.

I know that I already answered this before, but after rereading your question I am unsure of what you are trying to do. If you are trying to play stored videos from a hard drive to a Blu Ray player then that will never work. If you are trying to download files from a Blu Ray disc to your computer, then you need very special software to do this.

What are you trying to do?

tania miller

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
i have movies downloaded on my computer, which i had transferred to a wd elements portable hard drive, which i use to plug into the usb port on a thomson blu-ray dvd player, i went away and left the hard drive behind, so i brought a new one for my son, i can get the movies on to the portable hard drive, i plug it into the usb port of the blu-ray dvd player but it says that there is a usb plugged in, but does not show it in the menu so i can't see the movie titles on it

There is a section here at the forum that deals with storage, this section deals with Windows 10. You might have better luck posting this question in the appropriate section.

After researching your question on the internet I found a couple of things. First, there might be a limit to external storage size for your Blu Ray player. The limit is often 500 gb. and sometimes smaller. Also, have you tried to format your new hard drive to fat32? This seems to be the best format for a Blu Ray player.

Report back with the findings after you try to reformat the hard drive.