Best 144Hz Monitor

John_17

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
So I've been stuck with my old 1080P 60Hz display for years now, it has a bad pixels all over the display and it cannot stand up straight. Therefore I decided to get something new, and since I use my PC mainly for games I might as well go with a 144Hz Monitor.
My budget is around £250.
My specs are:
GTX 970
I5 4590
With these specs and my price range I'm not sure if I should save up a bit more and get a 1440p or just stick with the old and good 1080P.

John_17

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
The ASUS Monitor apparently has bad colour reproduction, and the AOC (The only one in my price range from that list) is no longer for sale in most if not all trustworthy UK sellers. What about ViewSonic XG2401?

Nope, it's quite good actually compared to some panels.
Pretty much the best you're going to get given your price range.
Viewsonic and AOC cut corners on the majority of their products, using second rate Samsung panels for the most part that don't make the cut for their quality standards.
This allows them to create reasonably decent monitors at a low cost and shove them onto the consumer as a 'bargain' when in reality most are low quality.

John_17

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
The VG248QE is not flicker free, several people on other websites had also complained about the bad colors and contrast.
Viewsonic is also on a black Friday deal on Amazon costing only £190.

'Flicker-free' is a marketing gimmick, doesn't provide any different techniques or the like.
It's a 144hz monitor in a relatively entry level bracket, it's not going to have IPS-like colours exactly...
Also compared to the VG248QE the Viewsonic is actually worse, don't buy it.

John_17

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Is there anyway of comparing them ? I struggled to find anything, all I found was a reddit post
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/4vr2w9/benq_xl2411z_144hz_vs_asus_vg248qe_vs_viewsonic/
Most on that topic said that the ASUS is worse when compared to ViewSonic. I would of gone with ASUS by now, if not for the mix opinions.

People also say: "viewsonic has a huge inputlag and gtg time dont buy
22ms if i remember right is the combined lag of the viewsonic"
Seems a bit worse than colours no? :p
They're entry level monitors, they're bound to have flaws, but the image quality is not bad by any means, trust me, I used an XL2411Z for a long time and had no issues whatsoever with it.

BringerOfTea

Reputable
I have the VG248QE... and I have not had any flickers... though at 144hz the colours get a bit "bleak"... so at that refresh rate it requires a bit tinkering to gtet at picture you are pleased with. I have no other experience with 144 hz monitors, other than this--- But I felt that it was a good value when I bought it and I was aware that the colors got a bit bleaker at 144 hz ...

John_17

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
The guy who said that didn't seem like he knew what he talked about if you see his response to the guy that said different modes fix all that stuff.
Well alright then, I shall soon order the VG248QE unless I find anything other worth checking out.
Thanks for the help.