Strange Startup problem after computer crash

Tracfone

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
Hello,
Yesterday my computer (Asus ROG G751JY) seemed to crash. While playing a game it froze and went to a black screen, so after about an hour, I held the power button and restarted it. Originally, it took me to my BIOS and I followed others advice to make sure that my load order was right. After fixing that, it began to get stuck in the dreaded "automatic repair loop". At this point I decided that because the computer is fairly new, a factory reset is okay. I attempted to use ASUS's F9 OS reset but it didn't work. Still the automatic repair. Next I decided to install Windows 10 to a USB and boot it from there, but here's the weird part. After I put in the USB and rebooted the CPU, it would load the ASUS ROG load screen for a moment and then take me to a blue screen (dark blue almost purple). On the screen is my mouse cursor and that is it, it is blank and I can't do anything. Just before the blue comes up a small CMD window flashes for just a moment, I'm unable to even read it.

Keep in mind I have tried to start in safe mode, but whenever I try that I get the :( face and it says that windows has a problem and will restart for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not the most tech savvy by the way, but I'm far away from beginner.

Solution

Hello again Tracfone

Can you please check this link for the solution to the error message that comes up while using the SFC /SCANNOW command?

Cheers!! :)

Tracfone

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016

So I got the SFC /SCANNOW to run but I get the error "windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation" when it reaches 100%.

Hello again Tracfone

Can you please check this link for the solution to the error message that comes up while using the SFC /SCANNOW command?

Cheers!! :)

Solution