How to delete useless old program files?

bluelava12

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
I just performed a windows reset on my corrupted version of windows to restore it back to proper working order. Windows reset allows you to keep all of your personal files, but uninstalls all of your programmes and games etc. So now my hard drive is littered with old useless program files that would take many hours to go through and individually delete.

Is there any feature of windows or external program I can use that can mass delete all these unusable files?

Solution
a reset should have erased all the installed programs on C drive, do you have them in another partition? If so, why not move everything you want to keep onto C temporarily and just format the partition? I generally run everything on C except steam games as their games library folder can be reused after an install.

it might be doable with a batch file but I am not sure how.

Colif

Win 11 Master
a reset should have erased all the installed programs on C drive, do you have them in another partition? If so, why not move everything you want to keep onto C temporarily and just format the partition? I generally run everything on C except steam games as their games library folder can be reused after an install.

it might be doable with a batch file but I am not sure how.

Solution