Windows 10 Error 0x8007025D Preventing Clean Install

I just built a new gaming PC:
MSI 970 Gaming
AMD FX-6300
Gigabyte GTX-1050 ti
4x4gb Corsair Vengeance
Kingston 120gb SSD
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD

And for the past two weeks I have not been able to install Windows 10. When it gets to 90% through 'getting files ready for installation' it spits out the error message:
"Windows Cannot Install Required Files. Make sure all the files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D"

I have tried everything I can possible find on the internet.

I bought my code from Kinguin, and the folks at Microsoft checked and found it was a legit code.

I would over the moon to actually get it to work. If someone could give me any advice I would be grateful. Please Help!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows error 0x8007025d preventing clean install
  1. Best answer
    Try running http://www.memtest86.com/ free version on your ram sticks. One stick at a time, it boots off USB so doesn't need windows. You don't want any errors, if you get 1 the stick needs to be replaced.
  2. Colif said:
    Try running http://www.memtest86.com/ free version on your ram sticks. One stick at a time, it boots off USB so doesn't need windows. You don't want any errors, if you get 1 the stick needs to be replaced.

Hi Colif.
    I did that, and an hour into the test so far I have 157k erors. It is currently doing test 13. Does this necessarily mean that RAM is the only thing wrong, and that if I replace my RAM it will fix my problems? Can I do something to not have to pay another $150 for some RAM?
  3. is that how much your ram costs? Did you do 1 stick at a time? surely not all sticks are broken?
    run test 1 stick at a time, and also, check if it has same amount of errors in a different slot, just to ensure its ram and not motherboard slots.

anymore than 0 errors is too many, so 157k sure beats that.
  4. Thanks Colif! I am now running on 12gb (3x4gb) of RAM and it worked! I cannot thank you enough!
  5. glad I could help and it wasn't all 4 sticks :)
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 Clean Install